People often think that their windows will outlast everything in their home, they don’t fade like paint, or crack like walkways. So why should they need replacing? Sometimes they do not, sometimes the glass just need to be replaced.
When You Will Need a Replacement
There are certain problems that will require a window replacement. Most of them involve frame issues. If your frame is deteriorating, there will most likely be a need to replace the window, as deterioration can lead to the window being stuck shut. At times, your foundation might shift, causing your window to be stuck shut, which will also require a replacement. With double-paned windows, the seal may fail, letting moisture in and causing fog to collect in your window. This generally needs a replacement but sometimes an easy seal fix can get rid of this problems.
Types of Windows
There are many types of windows, all serving the basic same function, letting light in. But they are all different. The ones that open, often open in different ways, from sliding to opening outwards or inwards with a crank. There is a lot to consider when choosing the right windows for your home. Here are some tips to help you pick the right windows:
- If you are looking for maximum airflow you will want windows that open wide, windows that slide may be the best option, such as a double hung or a slider.
- If you are replacing a bathroom window, an awning window may be the best option, opening from the bottom out, creating an awning look, this is great for privacy while also allowing for airflow.
- Think about whether you have room inside or outside your home for a window to open. If not a window that slides open may be the best option.
- If you have small children, you may want to pick a window that they cannot crawl through—a double hung window, can open from the top, out of reach of children.
- If you only need a window to let in light, and are not looking for the opening feature, a fixed window is what you are looking for, they can be cut into many shape and sizes, so they can look great in any space.
Marshall Home Pros is not limited to just installing new windows. We can also trim old windows to help extend their life. If you need new bay windows, need replacements, or other services, contact Marshall Home Pros. Let us know your window needs and we can help you out!